AM report for John Sullivan <john@wjsullivan.net>

1. Identification & Account Data
--------------------------------
  First name:      John
  Last name:       Sullivan
  Key fingerprint: A462 6CBA FF37 6039 D2D7  5544 97BA 9CE7 61A0 963B
  Account:         johns
  Forward email:   john@wjsullivan.net

  The key is signed by 2 DDs.  Output from keycheck.sh attached.keycheck

2. Background
-------------
Applicant writes:

  I got started with computers on the Commodore 64 that my family had. I
  grew up entering programs out of magazines (Family Computing) and
  library books. I got involved early with online communities -- Quantum
  Link, Compuserve, and running a BBS system on a Commodore 128 with 3
  daisy chained floppy drives. At some point I figured out how to get on
  the actual internet via a dial-in public network, found some gopher
  servers that would let me telnet out, and started playing MUDs and
  messing around trying to get into various publicly accessible
  computers.

  My first experience that I remember with GNU/Linux was trying to
  install Slackware on a PC around 1996. I was frustrated with Windows
  performing so poorly on my system. I had no more real encounters with
  GNU/Linux for several years, until after I had finished my MFA in
  Writing and moved to Boston in 2003. While looking for part-time
  editing and writing work, I found an ad for a position at GNU
  Press. It didn't seem to involve much editing, but it was part-time
  and related to publishing, so I applied and got the job. Once there, I
  realized where I was -- the Free Software Foundation. My memories of
  Slackware and Emacs (and any number of interactive FSF copyright
  messages) came back. I enjoyed using GNU/Linux on my work machine
  there, and ended up installing Debian at home. Later that year,
  part-time work for the FSF turned into full-time work, and I'm still
  there today.

  In 2006 I took over maintainership for Planner. In 2007 I decided to
  package the program I and some friends were using to do the New York
  Times crossword puzzles -- xword -- for Debian. After meeting some of
  the Debian developers through my work with the FSF, I had decided I
  wanted to get more involved in the Debian community, so I started my
  Debian Developer and Debian Maintainer applications. I've since
  adopted Debian responsibilities for the Planner package.

  So I've been a Debian user continuously since 2003. I'm very thankful
  for the existence of Debian, and a large part of my motivation for
  wanting to contribute to Debian is to give back in whatever ways I can
  that help improve the distribution for others who are coming to it for
  the first time.

  Fundamentally, I want everyone in the world to be able to run a
  complete free software operating system. Improving Debian also helps
  other free software distribution projects that derive from it.

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
  John has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and procedures
  and properly answered all my questions about the social contract,
  DFSG, BTS, etc. John committed to uphold the SC and DFSG in his Debian
  work and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
-------------------
  John has a good understanding of the technical side of Debian. John
  currently maintain --- as a DM --- the xword and planner-el packages,
  which are in good shape. John has also provided fixes for RC bugs,
  showing the needed care and abilities to deal with packages others
  than his own.

  [1] http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=john+sullivan

  I recommend to accept John as a Debian Developer.

Cheers.

$ ./keycheck.sh 61A0963B
Syncing Debian Keyrings with rsync from keyring.debian.org
Receiving and checking key
gpg: requesting key 61A0963B from hkp server keys.gnupg.net
pub   4096R/61A0963B 2010-07-21
      Key fingerprint = A462 6CBA FF37 6039 D2D7  5544 97BA 9CE7 61A0 963B
uid                  William John Sullivan <john@wjsullivan.net>
sig!         2BE16D01 2010-08-14  Moray Allan <moray@sermisy.org>
sig!3        61A0963B 2010-08-06  William John Sullivan <john@wjsullivan.net>
uid                  William John Sullivan <johns@fsf.org>
sig!         2BE16D01 2010-08-14  Moray Allan <moray@sermisy.org>
sig!         63FEE659 2010-07-31  Erinn Clark <erinn@torproject.org>
sig!3        61A0963B 2010-07-21  William John Sullivan <john@wjsullivan.net>
uid                  William John Sullivan <johns@gnu.org>
uid       [ revoked] Willam John Sullivan <john@wjsullivan.net>
sig!         63FEE659 2010-07-31  Erinn Clark <erinn@torproject.org>
sig!3        61A0963B 2010-07-21  William John Sullivan <john@wjsullivan.net>
rev!         61A0963B 2010-08-06  William John Sullivan <john@wjsullivan.net>
sub   4096R/B501C8DB 2010-07-21
sig!         61A0963B 2010-07-21  William John Sullivan <john@wjsullivan.net>

17 signatures not checked due to missing keys
Key is OpenPGP version 4 or greater.  Good!
Check for key expire stuff
Valid "e" flag on key 0x97BA9CE761A0963B, no expiration
Valid "s" flag on key 0x97BA9CE761A0963B, no expiration