AM report for Salvatore Bonaccorso

1. Identification & Account Data
--------------------------------
   First name:      Salvatore
   Last name:       Bonaccorso
   Key fingerprint: 04A4 407C B914 2C23 030C  17AE 789D 6F05 7FD8 63FE
   Account:         carnil
   Forward email:   Salvatore Bonaccorso <salvatore.bonaccorso@gmail.com>

   ID check passed, key signed by 1 existing developers:
   Adrian von Bidder <avbidder@fortytwo.ch>

   Output from keycheck.sh:

pub   4096R/7FD863FE 2009-05-11 [expires: 2019-05-09]
      Key fingerprint = 04A4 407C B914 2C23 030C  17AE 789D 6F05 7FD8 63FE
uid                  Salvatore Bonaccorso <salvatore.bonaccorso@gmail.com>
sig!    P    92082481 2009-08-23  Adrian von Bidder <avbidder@fortytwo.ch>
sig!3        7FD863FE 2009-05-11  Salvatore Bonaccorso <salvatore.bonaccorso@gmail.com>
sig!3        7FD863FE 2009-05-11  Salvatore Bonaccorso <salvatore.bonaccorso@gmail.com>
uid                  Salvatore Bonaccorso <bonaccos@ee.ethz.ch>
uid                  Salvatore Bonaccorso <carnil.debian@gmx.net>
uid                  Salvatore Bonaccorso <salvatore.bonaccorso@gmx.net>
uid                  Salvatore Bonaccorso <salvatore.bonaccorso@livenet.ch>
sig!    P    92082481 2009-08-23  Adrian von Bidder <avbidder@fortytwo.ch>
sig!3        7FD863FE 2009-05-11  Salvatore Bonaccorso <salvatore.bonaccorso@gmail.com>
sub   4096R/F5FCF262 2009-05-11 [expires: 2019-05-09]
sig!         7FD863FE 2009-05-11  Salvatore Bonaccorso <salvatore.bonaccorso@gmail.com>

10 signatures not checked due to missing keys
Key is OpenPGP version 4 or greater.  Good!
Check for key expire stuff
Valid "e" flag on key 0x789D6F057FD863FE, expires Wed May  8 21:11:42 2019, OK!
Valid "s" flag on key 0x789D6F057FD863FE, expires Wed May  8 21:11:42 2019, OK!

2. Background
-------------
   Applicant writes:

   My name is Salvatore Bonaccorso, and I was born in Switzerland on
   22th December 1983. I studied mathematics but work now it the IT
   sector as system manager.

   My first experience with Linux in general was around 2002 during my
   studies. I fistly used SuSE 8.2 (I think), and after hearing from
   Debian's package managment, I first tested it on around 2004. After
   that Debian was my primary operating system even though on first
   steps time with Linux I made I had still a dual boot with windows.

   My first experiences with Debian were as system user, enjoying the
   ideas of free software which Debian supports as big project. I also
   loved to use the package managment system from the beginning. I
   began to use Debian with the sarge, using it then first at home
   only on my laptop.

   Later on, I begun to give back to the community trying to
   contribute. On that time I was actively contributing to one of
   germanys linux forums.

   I began to using unstable on my laptops. After my studies I began
   to work at an IT-Support Group where we use on Linux-Systems
   exclusively Debian. I'm happy to be involved there to maintain the
   Linux-Clients and Servers running Debian, and working on Projects
   on them. In the same year I began

   to work there I wanted to still contribute more to Debian and began
   to package 'giplet'. This was my first package sponsored to Debian
   in 2008. On the same time as I worked in the Group as we use Perl
   for our systemmanagment tools, I began to learn and like Perl, and
   thus in early 2009 I also joined the Debian Perl Group helping
   packaging there.

   Thus my contribution to Debian where so far mainly on packaging. I
   maintain some packages by 'myself' (at the point of this writing
   there were some few, bosh, giplet, nfswatch, shelldap, tuxcmd and
   tuxcmd-modules, udav, w2do and yapet) but working actively in the
   Debian Perl Group as other main interest where I package modules or
   want also to help improving there (as contributing to dh-make-perl
   as example). I want to volunteer to Debian to give back what I
   myself get from using it and trying to help further improving
   Debian, for instance by packaging usefull software (concentrating
   at Perl at the moment).

   Google says:
   Lots of interactions, all of which I noted were perfectly acceptable.

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Salvatore Bonaccorso has a good understanding of Debian's
   philosophy and procedures and answered all my questions about the
   social contract, DFSG, BTS, etc. completely. Salvatore Bonaccorso
   committed to uphold the SC and DFSG in his Debian work and accepts
   the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
-------------------

   Salvatore Bonaccorso has a good understanding of the technical side
   of Debian. Salvatore is part of the Debian perl group, and has
   uploaded numerous packages there, in addition to a few other
   packages, including giplet, bosh, esmtp, yapet, w2do, etc. All of
   his packages are well maintained.

   Salvatore also answered my other questions regarding T&S without
   problems and provided patches for RC bugs. Salvatore has also been
   a DM for a year, and understands the procedures behind Debian
   correctly.

   I recommend to accept Salvatore Bonaccorso as a Debian Developer.

Don Armstrong

--
We must realize that today's Establishment is the New George III.
Whether it will continue to adhere to his tactics, we do not know. If