Re: Dealing with the NM people

Hi,

On Sunday 04 July 2010 09:08:02 Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't know the start of this story but from an outsider point of view,
> you're not helping your case.
>
> We try to avoid people who prefer ranting in long mail rather than
> discussing things sanely.

I was explaining the reasons in the tooooo loooooooong email that nobody was
interested in, including the start of the story and everything.  Maybe there
was too much ranting, but I don't think that I was discussing things
*in*sanely (otherwise I would have bothered to explain anything, I'd just be
happy with the ranting thing)

And if you declare that you're not bothering to read it, why do you call it
ranting rather than sane discussion?  (Just a rethorical question, I don't
want to discuss this).

Anyway, I explained my reasons and defended myself agains the accusations so
I'm happy even if there's no more effect than that.

Too sad that the people responsible erased me from the history of NM
applicants, not appearing even in the NM weekly report.  And FrontDesk don't
abide themselves to the written rules that Debian community approved and
nobody cares.  But well, doesn't matter now.

> For instance, I guess DM is not required to start NM but it's almost
> required for anyone who wants to apply to the DD status as a packager...
> which seems to be your case. Your usual sponsors should have suggested
> this to you way sooner and you wouldn't be so much annoyed by now.
>
> On Fri, 02 Jul 2010, Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo wrote:
> > 2.c) I thought that I was talking to hardened developers in a community
> > famous for its flame wars, not having tea with the Queen of England.  I
> > didn't know that using the word "silly" would cause such a distress.
>
> If that's what you think Debian should be, then I suggest you to stop
> the NM process here.
>
> We are trying to solve this problem, not to make it bigger.

Again, if you're just outsider who doesn't want to get into things, why are
you doing this judgement on my behaviour?

I explained this thing clearly, I said "don't be silly" as a way to say "be
serious and stop kidding" because he was mocking me.  I don't think that
it's a very offensive word; and in particular I don't think that's a valid
reason for:

1) feeling offeded for it *after mocking my work*;
2) citing it as a reason to erase me from the NM process

But well, if everybody is happy with the situation, so be it.

Cheers.
--
Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo <manuel.montezelo@gmail.com>