AM report for Ludovico Cavedon

1. Identification & Account Data
--------------------------------
   First name:      Ludovico
   Middle name:
   Last name:       Cavedon
   Key fingerprint: 0024 21CD 1ED4 ADD1 C456  9DDF 0A27 5AB6 B4BC A5D7
   Account:         cavedon
   Forward email:   ludovico.cavedon@gmail.com

   ID check passed, key signed by 1 existing developers:

     David Parker <dap@debian.org>

   Output from keycheck.sh:

     Syncing Debian Keyrings with rsync from keyring.debian.org
     Receiving and checking key
     gpg: requesting key B4BCA5D7 from hkp server keys.gnupg.net
     pub   1024D/B4BCA5D7 2000-08-18
           Key fingerprint = 0024 21CD 1ED4 ADD1 C456  9DDF 0A27 5AB6 B4BC A5D7
     uid                  Ludovico Cavedon <ludovico.cavedon@gmail.com>
     sig!         F90FFFE5 2009-04-22  David Parker <david@neongoat.com>
     sig!3        B4BCA5D7 2008-10-04  Ludovico Cavedon <ludovico.cavedon@gmail.com>
     sig!3        B4BCA5D7 2008-10-09  Ludovico Cavedon <ludovico.cavedon@gmail.com>
     uid       [ revoked] Ludovico Cavedon
     rev!         B4BCA5D7 2003-10-01  Ludovico Cavedon <ludovico.cavedon@gmail.com>
     sig!3        B4BCA5D7 2001-09-16  Ludovico Cavedon <ludovico.cavedon@gmail.com>
     sig!3        B4BCA5D7 2002-02-24  Ludovico Cavedon <ludovico.cavedon@gmail.com>
     uid                  Ludovico Cavedon <cavedon@sssup.it>
     sig!3        B4BCA5D7 2003-10-27  Ludovico Cavedon <ludovico.cavedon@gmail.com>
     sig!3        B4BCA5D7 2008-10-04  Ludovico Cavedon <ludovico.cavedon@gmail.com>
     uid       [ revoked] Ludovico Cavedon <lumaca82@inwind.it>
     sig!3        B4BCA5D7 2003-09-27  Ludovico Cavedon <ludovico.cavedon@gmail.com>
     sig!3        B4BCA5D7 2003-10-27  Ludovico Cavedon <ludovico.cavedon@gmail.com>
     rev!         B4BCA5D7 2003-11-12  Ludovico Cavedon <ludovico.cavedon@gmail.com>
     uid                  Ludovico Cavedon <cavedon@cs.ucsb.edu>
     sig!         F90FFFE5 2009-04-22  David Parker <david@neongoat.com>
     sig!3        B4BCA5D7 2008-10-09  Ludovico Cavedon <ludovico.cavedon@gmail.com>
     sig!3        B4BCA5D7 2008-10-04  Ludovico Cavedon <ludovico.cavedon@gmail.com>
     uid                  [jpeg image of size 3493]
     sig!         F90FFFE5 2009-04-22  David Parker <david@neongoat.com>
     sig!3        B4BCA5D7 2008-10-04  Ludovico Cavedon <ludovico.cavedon@gmail.com>
     sub   1024g/50061114 2000-08-18
     sig!         B4BCA5D7 2000-08-18  Ludovico Cavedon <ludovico.cavedon@gmail.com>

     62 signatures not checked due to missing keys
     Key is OpenPGP version 4 or greater.  Good!
     Check for key expire stuff
     Valid "e" flag on key 0x0A275AB6B4BCA5D7, no expiration
     Valid "s" flag on key 0x0A275AB6B4BCA5D7, no expiration

2. Background
-------------
  Applicant writes:

    Some info about myself: I am from Italy, I studied my BSc and MSc in
    Computer Engineering at the University of Pisa and Sant'Anna School.
    After graduation I worked for one year for fluidmesh.com in Milan as
    R&D Engineer, and for ask.com in Pisa as software engineer. Then I
    moved to Santa Barbara in California, where I am studying for my PhD
    in computer Science.

    I came into contact with Free Software the first time when I was 14
    with a Debian 1.3 CD, borrowed from a friend. At that time I was
    looking for a free perl interpreter and C compiler. Since than I
    started to move all my activity under Debian, because of OS
    stability and availability of software.

    I want to volunteer my time because:
     -I enjoy developing software and maintaining a Debian package
     -a sense of reward in being a contributor of a big project

    My main contribution to Debian has been the maintenance of the
    wengophone (now qutecom) package. Wengophone/qutecom is a big piece
    of software I worked on for my master thesis. At that time the Debian
    package for wengophone was not up-to-date and highly unstable
    because of many upstream bugs. As I became familiar with the code, I
    started to patch the code in order to improve the stability under
    Debian and started to contribute to the maintenance of the package,
    activity that I never stopped for the last two years.

    I am also the maintainer of the recently accepted gconf-cleaner [1]
    package. Moreover I am working on tortoisehg [2] [3] which is almost
    ready for upload.

      [1] http://packages.qa.debian.org/g/gconf-cleaner.html
      [3] http://git.debian.org/?p=collab-maint/tortoisehg.git

    Primary interests are helping the project by maintaining the package,
    but I am not excluding contributing with code to Debian in case I
    found some interesting project that would fit my skills and my time
    availability.

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------

   Ludovico has an excellent understanding of Debian's philosophy and
   procedures and answered all my questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. Ludovico committed to uphold the SC
   and DFSG in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

   2009 [4].

     [4] http://lists.debian.org/debian-newmaint/2009/04/msg00042.html

   All packages are in good shape. Ludovico also answered my other
   questions regarding T&S without problems, provided patches for RC
   bugs, and answered all the bonus NM questions.

   I wholeheartedly recommend that Ludovico is accepted as a Debian
   Developer.

Regards,

--
      ,''`.