AM report for Carl Worth <cworth@cworth.org>

1. Identification & Account Data
--------------------------------
   First name:      Carl
   Last name:       Worth
   Key fingerprint: 1024D/AF2A4968 FA69 2554 8C9A C52C 311B  4A9D E890 DD36 AF2A 4968
   Account:         cworth
   Forward email:   cworth@cworth.org

   ID check passed, key signed by several existing developers.

   Output from keycheck.sh:

   Syncing Debian Keyrings with rsync from keyring.debian.org
   Receiving and checking key
   gpg: requesting key AF2A4968 from hkp server keys.gnupg.net
   gpg: NOTE: signature key D70AAFF9 expired Tue Feb 17 09:15:24 2009 GMT
   gpg: NOTE: signature key D70AAFF9 expired Tue Feb 17 09:15:24 2009 GMT
   gpg: NOTE: signature key D70AAFF9 expired Tue Feb 17 09:15:24 2009 GMT
   gpg: NOTE: signature key D70AAFF9 expired Tue Feb 17 09:15:24 2009 GMT
   gpg: NOTE: signature key D70AAFF9 expired Tue Feb 17 09:15:24 2009 GMT
   gpg: NOTE: signature key D70AAFF9 expired Tue Feb 17 09:15:24 2009 GMT
   gpg: NOTE: signature key D70AAFF9 expired Tue Feb 17 09:15:24 2009 GMT
   pub   1024D/AF2A4968 2001-12-11
         Key fingerprint = FA69 2554 8C9A C52C 311B  4A9D E890 DD36 AF2A 4968
   uid                  Carl Worth <cworth@cworth.org>
   sig!         F2CF01A8 2005-04-23  Bdale Garbee <bdale@gag.com>
   sig!         B28C5995 2005-04-25  Brendan O'Dea <bod@debian.org>
   sig!         37A79149 2005-07-21  Stuart R. Anderson <anderson@netsweng.com>
   sig!         6ADBB200 2005-07-21  Michel Daenzer <michel@daenzer.net>
   sig!1        25BCD5BF 2005-04-20  Pascal Hakim <pasc@jhk.net.au>
   sig!2        D70AAFF9 2005-04-20  Matthias Urlichs <smurf@smurf.noris.de>
   sig!2        A7D91602 2005-04-20  Andrew Pollock <apollock@debian.org>
   sig!2        E160649A 2005-04-25  Matt Hope <dopey@debian.org>
   sig!2        8E7C03FF 2005-05-19  Matthew Wilcox <willy@debian.org>
   sig!2        128287E8 2005-06-04  Dafydd Harries <daf@rhydd.org>
   sig!3        096C4DD3 2005-01-08  Keith Packard <keithp@keithp.com>
   sig!3        64011A8B 2005-04-26  Jonathan Oxer (Linux Australia) <jon@linux.org.au>
   sig!3        1880283C 2005-05-02  Anibal Monsalve Salazar <anibal@debian.org>
   sig!3        AF2A4968 2004-11-16  Carl Worth <cworth@cworth.org>
   [...cut away revoked UIDs...]
   sub   1024g/8E3CD8D6 2001-12-11
   sig!         AF2A4968 2001-12-11  Carl Worth <cworth@cworth.org>

   Key is OpenPGP version 4 or greater.  Good!
   Check for key expire stuff
   Valid "e" flag on key 0xE890DD36AF2A4968, no expiration
   Valid "s" flag on key 0xE890DD36AF2A4968, no expiration

2. Background
-------------
   Applicant writes:

   I have been running Linux-based free-software distributions since 1996.
   My first exposures were to Slackware and Red Hat Linux, but as soon as I
   discovered Debian it felt immediately like home to me, and I've been
   running it ever since.

   I've been making free-software contributions since about 2000 with my
   most significant contribution being the creation and maintenance of the
   cairo graphics library (http://cairographics.org). I also make regular
   contributions to the X.org, (particularly the intel driver).

   Bdale Garbee has been encouraging me to become more formally involved
   with Debian, and invited me to start co-maintaining several of his
   packages. I've been working through the bug lists for gzip and tar and
   fixing as much as possible there.

   In the future I'd like to take a more active role in helping with the
   maintenance of software I've actually written, (such as cairo and X).
   And I might have the odd project or two to contribute as new packages.

   Google says:
   From a quick search, there are computer science papers with Carl's
   name, activity in X since at least 2002, he founded the Cairo project
   together with Keith Packard (see "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cairo_(graphics)"),
   he created (or was among the creators of) the ipkg package manager
   for Embedded systems (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ipkg), he seems to
   have been a RedHat maintainer since at least 2002 and he has worked
   for RedHat for 4 years. There is indeed much more, but I think this
   gives the idea. Also, this is a result of my playing with Google and
   is by no means intended to be complete or precise.

3. Philosophy and Procedures
   Carl has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and procedures
   and answered all my questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. Carl committed to uphold the SC and DFSG
   in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.