Re: Debian Maintainer application

* Antoine Beaupré <anarcat@koumbit.org> [2009-07-02 23:25-0400]:
> This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer[1].
>
> My (new) GnuPG key 0x7B75921E is signed by the Debian Developer Micah
> Anderson. I'm in the process of transitionning[3] from my old key
> 0x4023702f, that is also signed by Micah Anderson and a few other Debian
> Developpers. The new key is also signed with the old one.

In fact, not only did I sign his key(s), but I have sponsored his
packages, have worked with him in person on past and current projects
(outside of Debian), and as a result, I am quite familiar with both his
existing work in Debian, but also his social and technical skills,
dedication and quality of his work. Additionally, I have a lot of trust
in Antoine as a person, he cares deeply about doing the right thing, is
very considerate and the kind of person that Debian can only benefit
from having around.

I've sponsored a lot of packages over time, typically I pick over them
and send them back and that happens a few times before the package is
ready, but Antoine's packages tend to come already polished and ready to
go.

So I would be quite happy to advocate Antoine Beaupré to become a Debian
Maintainer.

micah