AM report for Jelmer Vernooij

Report for new developer applicant Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer@samba.org>:

1. Identification & Background
- ------------------------------
   Check with keyid 0x1EEF5276:
   ID check passed, key signed by 36 existing developers:

   Output from keycheck.sh:

     Syncing Debian Keyrings with rsync from keyring.debian.org
     Receiving and checking key
     gpg: requesting key 1EEF5276 from hkp server subkeys.pgp.net
     pub   1024D/1EEF5276 2001-10-30
     Key fingerprint = F1F3 A87E D983 DFAD 791A  DAD8 3DAF 54A2 1EEF 5276
     uid                  Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer@samba.org>
     sig!         8E950E00 2003-03-29  Filip Van Raemdonck <mechanix@debian.org>
     sig!         962E3890 2005-06-28  Arjan Oosting <arjanoosting@home.nl>
     sig!         969457F0 2005-06-28  Joost van Baal <joostvb@mdcc.cx>
     sig!         0644FAB7 2005-06-29  Bas Zoetekouw <bas@zoetekouw.net>
     sig!         0813569F 2005-06-29  Jeroen van Wolffelaar <jeroen@wolffelaar.nl>
     sig!         8917A9B0 2005-10-30  Matthijs Mohlmann <matthijs@debian.org>
     sig!         8F068012 2006-01-26  Andrew McMillan (Andrew @ Work) <andrew@catalyst.net.nz>
     sig!         64011A8B 2006-01-26  Jonathan Oxer (Linux Australia) <jon@linux.org.au>
     sig!         B28C5995 2006-01-30  Brendan O'Dea <bod@debian.org>
     sig!         1BF8DE0F 2006-03-04  Roland Stigge <stigge@antcom.de>

     [...]

     1533 signatures not checked due to missing keys
     Key is ok
     Check for key expire stuff
     Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

   Applicant writes:

     I got involved in Free Software when I was in high school, where I
     was maintaining some Linux servers. Most of the work I do these
     days is on Samba; I have been a Samba team member since 2002. I
     also occasionally contribute to other projects, mostly to Ethereal,
     BitlBee, Mono, Subversion and Bazaar-NG, but also numerous small
     patches to other projects.

     At the moment, I am studying Computer Science in Utrecht (the
     Netherlands) and I do embedded (Intel 8051) and .NET development
     for a small local company.

     I do not plan to work on core Debian infrastructure. I'm mostly
     interested in working on the packages I care about and keeping them
     in a decent state. My main interest is with the Samba, BitlBee,
     Bazaar and various Mono-related packages. I am currently
     co-maintaining the Samba4 packages and I maintain the ndoc and
     nunit packages.

2. Account Data
- ---------------
   Account: jelmer
   Forward-Email: jelmer@samba.org

3. Philosophy and Procedures
- -----------------------------
   Jelmer Vernooij has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and procedures
   and answered all my questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. Jelmer committed to uphold the SC and DFSG
   in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
- -------------------
   Jelmer Vernooij has a good understanding of the technical side of Debian.
   He is maintainer of a lot of packages, a lot of them are Samba and bzr
   related. For almost all packages he has DM upload rights.
   All packages are in good shape.
   Jelmer Vernooij also answered my other questions regarding T&S without
   problems and provided patches for RC bugs, a QA upload and did a lot of
   other T&S related tasks, like triaging bugs.

5. Recommendation
   I recommend to accept Jelmer Vernooij as a Debian Developer, I think he
   would be a great addition to the project.

- --
 Bernd Zeimetz                           Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 GPG Fingerprint: 06C8 C9A2 EAAD E37E 5B2C BE93 067A AD04 C93B FF79