AM report for Miriam Ruiz <little_miry@yahoo.es>

Report for new developer applicant Miriam Ruiz <little_miry@yahoo.es>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------
   Check with keyid 0x36EE0861:
   ID check passed, key signed by several existing developers:

   Output from keycheck.sh:
   pub   1024D/36EE0861 2004-12-25
      Key fingerprint = AA46 F4F2 BD59 75A4 EE42  8223 7DB9 6D2E 36EE 0861
   uid                  Miriam Ruiz <little_miry@yahoo.es>
   sig!         580808C4 2005-05-07  Miguel Gea Milvaques <xerakko@debian.org>
   sig!         1880283C 2005-07-20  Anibal Monsalve Salazar <anibal@debian.org>
   sig!         4BA401C3 2005-12-21  Alberto Gonzalez Iniesta <agi@inittab.org>
   sig!         E8C43461 2006-07-18  Ana Beatriz Guerrero López <ana@ekaia.org>
   sig!         AC583520 2006-09-21  Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>
   sig!         3FCC2A90 2006-12-16  Amaya Rodrigo Sastre <amaya@debian.org>

   2 signatures not checked due to missing keys
   Key is ok
   Check for key expire stuff
   Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

   Applicant writes:
   My name is Miriam and I'm a Spanish girl. I've been playing with
   computers since I was about 9 or so, I've been moving around the
   demoscene (we reached the 4th position in an IBM multimedia
   contest) and security-related issues (like cracking programs,
   reading about viruses, trojans and exploits, things like that) when
   I was in high school.

   My first contact with a computer network was at university, when I
   got involved in the development of a MUD game based in LPC. I
   learnt a lot about that in many ways, but what I appreciate the
   most is that I started to design object-oriented programs, and most
   of all I started to program in a cooperative way.

   I studied Industrial Engineering at university, which is a
   general-purpose engineering degree in Spain, and did both the
   electric energy as well as electronics. My first contact with linux
   came from Slackware 1.0 I think, when it was included in a CD in an
   Spanish magazine and a couple of guys told me about it. As my
   computer only had 4 Mb of RAM, I had to create a swap partition by
   hand to run the installer. It took me a whole week to get something
   to work. Don't even think about X of course :)

   I've been cooperating with some free software projects, like PHP
   ("the exchange project", now called "oscommerce"), small
   translations, or porting some things to windows or linux, but I've
   never got as involved in one as I'm in Debian right now.

   I've been using Debian since about year 1999 or 2000 in a
   monitor-less server, and it's been the only operative system in my
   workstation for the last 2 years or so. My first contact with
   Debian's development came with the help of the Debian-Women group,
   and I've been getting involved in more of Debian's projects since
   then. I'm currently maintaining some packages in the repositories,
   and trying to lead the new Debian Games Team. [Feb 2006]

2. Account Data
---------------
   Account: miriam
   Forward-Email: little_miry@yahoo.es

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Miriam's first AM was David Moreno Garza who went through P&P with
   her. Miriam has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and
   procedures and answered all questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. Miriam committed to uphold the SC
   and DFSG in her Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
-------------------
   Miriam has a good understanding of the technical side of Debian.
   Her track record of contributions, both to the Debian Games Team,
   and other parts of the project led me to the conclusion that there
   is little use in going through T&S with her, hence I've hand-waived
   that part. Miriam is maintainer of some 50 packages, games as well
   as packages in sections as diverse as electronics, science, admin,
   net, etc. All packages are in good shape.

   I recommend to accept Miriam as a Debian Developer.

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/