NM report for Daniel Baumann

Report for Applicant Daniel Baumann follows.

1. Identification & Background
- ------------------------------

Syncing Debian Keyrings with rsync from keyring.debian.org
Receiving and checking key
pub   1024D/4B2B2B9E 2004-06-20
      Key fingerprint = 709F 54E4 ECF3 1956 2332  6AE3 F82E 5CC0 4B2B 2B9E
uid                  Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@panthera-systems.net>
sig!         4743206C 2004-06-28  Joachim Breitner <mail@joachim-breitner.de>
sig!         AB9B66FD 2004-06-28  Thomas Lange <lange@debian.org>
sig!         C3B2FCDE 2004-06-30  Gergely Nagy <algernon@bonehunter.rulez.org>
sig!         A21AD4F9 2004-07-25  Thomas Viehmann <tv@beamnet.de>
sig!         330C4A75 2005-03-04  Martin F. Krafft <madduck@madduck.net>
sig!         AA6541EE 2005-03-16  Bernhard R. Link <brlink@debian.org>
sig!         554FB4C6 2005-06-26  Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>
sig!         68FD549F 2005-06-27  Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com>
sig!         29F19BD1 2005-07-06  Michael Meskes <michael@fam-meskes.de>
sig!2        94C09C7F 2004-06-27  Peter Palfrader
sig!2        64011A8B 2004-07-01  Jonathan Oxer <jon@keysigning.org>
sig!2        BD8B050D 2005-05-16  Roland Rosenfeld <roland@spinnaker.de>
sig!2        5706A4B4 2005-06-27  Simon Richter <Simon.Richter@hogyros.de>
sig!3        74E0B766 2004-06-27  Andreas Mueller <amu@debian.org>
sig!3        C09FD35A 2004-06-28  Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org>
sig!3        75BE8097 2004-06-28  Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
sig!3        D14235A0 2004-06-30  Thiemo Seufer <ths@debian.org>
sig!3        7E7B8AC9 2004-07-02  Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org>
sig!3        3E8DCCC0 2004-07-06  Martin Wuertele <martin@wuertele.net>
sig!3        16BD77C6 2004-07-21  Gerfried Fuchs <alfie@debian.org>
sig!3        07447252 2004-07-30  Thorsten Sauter <tsauter@gmx.net>
sig!3        BC7D020A 2004-09-06  Alexander Wirt <formorer@debian.org>
sig!3        307D56ED 2004-09-18  No?l K?the <noel@debian.org>
sig!3        0A5FB687 2004-10-28  Gaudenz Steinlin <gaudenz.steinlin@soziologie.ch>
sig!3        9B7C328D 2005-03-30  Luk Claes <luk@debian.org>
sig!3        4B2B2B9E 2004-06-20  Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@panthera-systems.net>
sig!3        4B2B2B9E 2004-06-20  Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@panthera-systems.net>
sig!3        4B2B2B9E 2005-05-18  Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@panthera-systems.net>
sig!         248AEB73 2005-06-26  Rene Engelhard <rene@debian.org>
uid                  Daniel Baumann <baumanda@phys.ethz.ch>
[...]
sub   1024g/19ED1B2F 2004-06-20
sig!         4B2B2B9E 2004-06-20  Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@panthera-systems.net>

Key is ok
Check for key expire stuff
Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

- -> signed by various DDs, ID check passed.

Advocate writes:
" He is very enthusiastic and adopted quite some packages that were up
for adoption, bringing them to a good and releaseable state. He seems
to understand the procedures quite well and learns fast, doesn't seem
to make the same mistake twice. I think he would make a good package
maintainer."

Applicant writes:
"I am a 23 year old computer science student of the ETH Zurich, living
near Solothurn, north-western Switzerland.

In late 1999, the Free Software movement found me at my hometown. Since
Potato, I am a very satisfied Debian user. The real discover of Debian
took place in 2002 with Woody as I began to make my own packages. First,
I build them for my personal usage, in 2004 I started to maintain some
packages in the official repository. Recently in 2005, I founded
debian-unofficial.org where I provide additional packages enhancing
Debian GNU/Linux.

Currently, my work for Debian consists simply of packageing. On the one
hand, I would like to focus in future on both the Q&A work and on l10n
(as long as I have the time to train myself better in Esperanto). On the
other hand, I would like to be a quick and transparent sponsor for
maintainers which are not/not already developers.

In my spare time, I enjoy listening to the music of Prokofjew,
Rachmaninov and Shostakovich as well as reading books of Isaac B. Singer
and Isaac Leib-Perez."

2. Philosophy & Procedures
- --------------------------

He has a good understaning of Debians philosophy and procedures and answered
my questions to my satisfaction.

3. Tasks & Skills
- -----------------

Daniel answered my questions satisfactorily (with some minor errors).
Daniel has far too many packages to be able to check in a timely manner for me; most
of his packages were checked by Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> as his sponsor
already, though and he assured me (and I trust him) that thse packages were OK.
For the remaining ones I checked them and found more or less big problems; those were
fixed quickly, though.

4. Recommendation

I recommend Daniel be accepted as Debian Developer.

Account: panthera

Regards,

Rene