AM Report for Shachar Shemesh <debianpkg@shemesh.biz>

Report for new developer applicant Shachar Shemesh <debianpkg@shemesh.biz>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

   Check with Keyid 0xCDBDBCE2:

   ID Check passed, Key signed by at least one existing Debian Developer,
   Baruch Even <baruch@debian.org>

   Output from keycheck.sh 0xCDBDBCE2

    pub   1024D/CDBDBCE2 2002-07-25
	  Key fingerprint = DA7D EC91 7141 8446 027A  2EFC 83C0 7215 CDBD BCE2
    uid                  Shachar Shemesh (ID for Debian packages) <debianpkg@shemesh.biz>
    sig!         99E81DA0 2005-08-06  Lior Kaplan <kaplanlior@gmail.com>
    sig!3        CDBDBCE2 2003-10-25  Shachar Shemesh (ID for Debian packages) <debianpkg@shemesh.biz>
    uid                  Shachar Shemesh <gpgkey@sun.consumer.org.il>
    sig!2        99E81DA0 2004-09-03  Lior Kaplan <kaplanlior@gmail.com>
    sig!3        AB474598 2003-08-01  Baruch Even <baruch@debian.org>
    sig!3        CDBDBCE2 2002-07-25  Shachar Shemesh (ID for Debian packages) <debianpkg@shemesh.biz>
    sig!3        CDBDBCE2 2002-07-25  Shachar Shemesh (ID for Debian packages) <debianpkg@shemesh.biz>
    sub   1536g/0C4CB8A8 2002-07-25
    sig!         CDBDBCE2 2002-07-25  Shachar Shemesh (ID for Debian packages) <debianpkg@shemesh.biz>

    Key is ok
    Check for key expire stuff
    Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

   Applicant writes:
    My first Linux expereince was back in 92 or 93 - me and a friend tried
    to compile a kernel on one of the early Ygdrassil distributions.
    Wasn't easy. I've been actively sysadmining Linux machines since
    around 1996. My first real free software contribution was on the Wine
    project, where I took the task of adding BiDirectional support (i.e. -
    support for langauges such as Hebrew and Arabic). Search for my name
    at http://www.winehq.org/site/who for more info on that.

    Since then I took on several other tasks, some of which I'm actually
    main (usually sole) maintainer. Most prominant of these is rsyncrypto
    (http://sf.net/projects/rsyncrypto), which is a file encryption
    program. It's uniqueness lies in the fact that files encrypted with
    rsyncrypto maintain their wire transfer efficiency when synched with
    rsync. In other words, the local changes to the plain text files
    result in bounded changes to the encrypted file. Rsyncrypto is
    available under the GPL.

    [ .. ]

   Taking a look at google revealed that Shachar is contributing to the
   open source for a long time and is very active on keeping up the open
   source idea.

2. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Shachar always demonstrated a very good understanding of Debians Philosphy
   and Procedes and answered all my questions in a good way.

3. Tasks and Skills
    Shachar has a strong understanding of the all questions asked in the T&S
    part. He is maintainer of argtable2, ryncrypto and sshpass all in a good
    shape and sponsered by me and other DDs.

   I recommend to accept him as a Debian Developer.
   Account: shachar
   Forward-Email: debianpkg@shemesh.biz