AM Report for Helen Faulkner

Report for new developer applicant Helen Faulkner <helen_ml_faulkner@yahoo.co.uk>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

   Check with Keyid 0x5653C9C4:

   ID Check passed, Key signed from 1 existing DD,
   Ben Burton

pub  1024D/5653C9C4 2003-02-19 Helen Faulkner <h.faulkner@sheffield.ac.uk>
     Key fingerprint = B793 8AC2 CC48 8357 C299  39C2 DDE3 5CF1 5653 C9C4
sig!3       36B861C1 2004-08-11   Ben Burton <bab@debian.org>
sig!3       5653C9C4 2004-08-09   Helen Faulkner <h.faulkner@sheffield.ac.uk>
sig!3       5653C9C4 2005-01-04   Helen Faulkner <h.faulkner@sheffield.ac.uk>
uid                            [revoked] Helen Faulkner <h.faulkner@shu.ac.uk>
sig!3       36B861C1 2003-02-19   Ben Burton <bab@debian.org>
sig!3       5653C9C4 2003-02-19   Helen Faulkner <h.faulkner@sheffield.ac.uk>
rev!        5653C9C4 2005-01-04   Helen Faulkner <h.faulkner@sheffield.ac.uk>
uid                            Helen Faulkner <helen_ml_faulkner@yahoo.co.uk>
sig!3       36B861C1 2004-08-11   Ben Burton <bab@debian.org>
sig!3       5653C9C4 2004-08-02   Helen Faulkner <h.faulkner@sheffield.ac.uk>
uid                            Helen Faulkner <helen@thousand-ships.com>
sig!3       5653C9C4 2005-01-04   Helen Faulkner <h.faulkner@sheffield.ac.uk>
sub  1024g/D2E32766 2003-02-19
sig!        5653C9C4 2003-02-19   Helen Faulkner <h.faulkner@sheffield.ac.uk>

3 signatures not checked due to missing keys
Key is ok

   Applicant writes:
I am a physicist, currently working in Sheffield, UK, though I'll be
moving back to Australia in a few months.  Australia is home for me :)
I have a general interest in computers and programming which
originated in my research (I do a lot of simulation and theory
calculations).  I have been using Linux for a few years now, since my
housemate bugged me into letting him install Debian on my computer ;)
I guess I initially used it because I was curious to learn about Linux
and I found increasingly that the software available was useful for my
work.  I now use Debian for almost 100% of my work and most of my
other activities with computers.

I agree with the ideals of the open source software movement, would like to see
more of its idea happening in academic science, and generally think
it's a great thing for humanity to discover at this point in history.
Debian appeals to me because it embodies the ideals of that movement
very well, and because I enjoy using it.

I want to volunteer my time for Debian because I enjoy doing volunteer work in
things that interest me (have done loads of volunteer work before, in varied
fields, including sailing tall ships, visiting elderly people with my
dog, being involved in mentoring schemes at uni, etc).  This is the
first volunteer work I have done in an area like this, and as such it
appeals to me.  This whole Debian thing is entertaining too!

I intend to focus my work in Debian in two main areas.  One is maintaining
packages, mainly kde things, like the ones I am already maintaining.  The other
aim I have is to help make the debian-women project a working, effective
resource for the Debian community.  I think there is lots to do in
that project, and that I have something to offer there :)

   I spotted some minor mistakes in her packages but she was able to
   quickly fix them. She prepared a version of xwrits packaged without
   debhelper, too.
   She also answered my other Questions regarding T&S in a good
   way.

   I recommend to accept her as a Debian Developer.
   Account: helen
   Forward-Email: helen_ml_faulkner@yahoo.co.uk

Gruesse,
--