Re: Work-needing packages report for Jul 11, 2003

Hi, Mark Brown wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 12, 2003 at 08:46:30PM +0200, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
>
>> IMHO it makes sense to require NMs to do _some_ 'volunteer' work (adopting
>> orphaned packages, fixing RC bugs, whatever else Debian needs).
>
> There's no sense in forcing people to adopt packages they've no interest
> in.  I can't imagine that that's going to give us well maintained
> packages.

True. I seem to have forgotten to say that IMHO it's the NM's job to
figure out which package / bugs / other activity they're interested in
doing. I just happen to think that "None" is not a good option either
for the NM, or for Debian in general.

--
Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf@smurf.noris.de
It takes an uncommon mind to think of these things.