AM Report for Andrew Pollock

Hi

Report for new developer applicant Andrew Pollock <me@andrew.net.au>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

   Check with Keyid 0xA7D91602:

   ID Check passed, Key signed from 1 existing DD, Mark Purcell

   Output from gpg --check-sigs 0xA7D91602

pub  1024D/A7D91602 2002-09-27 Andrew Pollock <me@andrew.net.au>
     Key fingerprint = 1ECE 6A35 AF34 BC65 5F65  B341 21B9 575C A7D9 1602
sig!3       A7D91602 2002-10-27   Andrew Pollock <me@andrew.net.au>
uid                            Andrew Pollock (Andrew Pollock) <me@andrew.net.au>
sig!3       A7D91602 2002-09-27   Andrew Pollock <me@andrew.net.au>
sig!3       3D08B612 2002-10-27   Mark Purcell <mark@purcell.homeip.net>
sub  1024g/D04C5036 2002-09-27
sig!        A7D91602 2002-09-27   Andrew Pollock <me@andrew.net.au>

   Applicant writes:
--8<------------------------schnipp------------------------->8---
I am nearly 26 years old, and from Australia. I have been using Linux since I
was about 19. I was first introduced to Debian by a co-working at an ISP I worked
at, and we migrated to it from Slackware, so it was my first exposure to binary
packages, which I found quite cool. I think the idea of Free Software is great,
firstly because it's cheap, and secondly because it means it's easier to make
functionality modifications yourself if you're that way inclined.

I initially intend to maintain some existing software packages in Debian
(and I already am), but I currently work in IT Security, so I have an interest
in assisting the security group, and I also have a number of years of system
administration experience, so if I could be of any assistance there, I would
find it most satisfying. I also like coding in PHP, so again, if I could be
of any assistance there, that would also be enjoyable for me.
--8<------------------------schnapp------------------------->8---

2. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Andrew has a good understanding of Debians Philosophy and
   Procedures. He answered all my Questions about Social Contract,
   DFSG, BTS etc. in a good way.

3. Tasks and Skills
   Andrew is Maintainer of argus-server and argus-client, all Packages
   in Debian.
   He also answered my other Questions regarding T&S without problems.

   I recommend to accept him as a Debian Developer.
   Account:  ap
   Forward-Email: me@andrew.net.au

--
bye Joerg