AM report for Hélios de Creisquer

Summary for Hélios de Creisquer <helios@balios.org>

First of all, I would like to apologize for this application taking so
long, and commend Hélios for his patience.

Identity
--------

pub  1024D/96EB1C44 2001-06-25 Helios de Creisquer (aka creis) <creis@gnu.org>
sig!3       96EB1C44 2001-09-03   Helios de Creisquer (aka creis) <creis@gnu.org>
sig!        9D735B4F 2001-10-05   Igor Genibel <igor@gnu.org>
uid                            Helios de Creisquer (aka creis) <helios@balios.org>
sig!3       96EB1C44 2001-06-25   Helios de Creisquer (aka creis) <creis@gnu.org>
sig!        9D735B4F 2001-06-25   Igor Genibel <igor@gnu.org>
sig!        497A176D 2001-07-16   Loic Dachary (OuoU) <loic@senga.org>
uid                            Helios de Creisquer (aka creis) <creis@zehc.net>
uid                            Helios de Creisquer (aka creis) <creis@vhffs.org>
uid                            Helios de Creisquer (aka creis) <creis@tuxfamily.org>
sig!3       96EB1C44 2001-06-25   Helios de Creisquer (aka creis) <creis@gnu.org>
sig!        9D735B4F 2001-06-25   Igor Genibel <igor@gnu.org>
sig!        497A176D 2001-07-16   Loic Dachary (OuoU) <loic@senga.org>
sub  1024g/794F66A7 2001-06-25
sig!        96EB1C44 2001-06-25   Helios de Creisquer (aka creis) <creis@gnu.org>

Background
----------

After starting out with Red Hat 4.0, Hélios was brought to Debian by
Igor Genibel, a co-worker and his advocate, and has been working on a
number of free software projects since then such as TuxFamily and Vhffs.
His employment involves producing Debian packages for internal use, and
he would like to contribute some of these projects back to the
community. He is also interested in improving IPv6 support.

He says that he is so happy using Debian GNU/Linux that trying to
participate is the least he can do.

Philosophy & Procedures
-----------------------

Hélios understands and agrees with Debian's philosophy and the DMUP, and
he satisfied me that he's familiar with our operating procedures.

Tasks & Skills
--------------

Hélios has packaged WebbaseUtils (libwebbaseutils-perl), a set of tools
for use in search engines and web crawling in general. I'll sponsor this
shortly if his account hasn't been created by then. At my request, he
produced a version of this package produced without any helper packages,
with which I'm satisfied that he understands the tools at more than a
superficial level.

I also examined the VHFFS (Virtual Hosting For Free Software) packages
on which Hélios has been working. Although they aren't yet ready for
consumption in the Debian archive - they're only used internally at the
moment - they are of significant complexity and he responded swiftly to
the comments I made.

I'm happy that his skills are sufficient to become a Debian developer.

Recommendation

I recommend that Hélios be accepted as a Debian maintainer.

Debian login: creis
Forwarding email: helios@balios.org