Summary of Report on Andrew Suffield <asuffield@users.sourceforge.net>

2. Identification
-----------------

Andrew has a key signed by Martin Michlmayr <tbm@debian.org>.

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------

Andrew writes about himself:

> I'm a student of computing at Imperial College, London (first year)
> unsurprisingly living in London.

> I have several reasons to want to volunteer my time, to Free
> software in general partly because I feel that users of such
> software have a responsibility to the community to help where they
> can, and partly because I can see that without a pool of Free
> software, commercial interests are going to become increasingly
> unfriendly to the end-user (see licenses which timeout, and charging
> for updates). I want to help with Debian in particular because it's
> not only an extremely good system to work from, and because I happen
> to like it, but also because it holds closest to the Free software
> principles, and has no commercial interests.

I then asked Andrew the example "Philosophy" questions, which were
answered satisfactorily.

I also asked the more technical NMU etc. questions, which were all
answered correctly.

4. Tasks and Skills
incoming.  dancer-ircd works fine; I also tried blootbot, but it
doesn't install for me because of a bug in libdbd-*-perl.

The packages have no major problems and contain some nontrivial stuff
like debconf and init scripts, so they certainly show Andrew's
knowledge of packaging. Some minor problems I pointed out were
promptly fixed by Andrew.

His packages are available at http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~aps100/debian/.

To summarize, I'm convinced that Andrew understands the Debian
philosophy and has the skills to maintain his packages well. I
recommend accepting him as Debian maintainer.

        Falk