Re: AM Report for Week Ending 04 Mar 2001

On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, William Ono wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 12:44:04AM +0000, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> > I eliminated all inconsistencies, but these three
>
> And the list did not include:
>
> }   samj@faredge.com.au: 2001-02-26 occurs after 2001-02-25
>
> This is a time-zone issue.  You've placed incorrect data into the
> database (replaced 2001-02-26, the correct date, by 2001-02-25) in order
> to make a program stop producing messages.  I don't believe that this
> is the correct solution.
>
> As I can't remember what the correct data was, and where it was changed,
> I'm now stuck with your un-correction.  This makes me wonder how much I
> can trust the data in a database where arbitrary changes are made!
>
> By the way, Martin, why are you making changes to other AMs' applicants'
> records in the first place?

Martin has been working as part of the Front Desk Team for several months
now. He has full access to the database, and the authority to fix things
as necessary.

I don't understand your trust issues. This is simply a process of
resolving inconsistant data within the database. Such data elements impact
the accuracy of our analysis tools. Just like we change e-mail addresses
at the request of the applicant, we do our best to keep the data complete
and accurate on all points.

Waiting is,

Dwarf