sig!       5A827A2D 2000-12-14  Luca Filipozzi <lfilipoz@emyr.net>
sig!       D0980A99 2000-10-22  Jeff Bailey <jbailey@nisa.net>
uid                            Jeff Bailey <jbailey@gnu.org>
sig!       D0980A99 2000-12-15  Jeff Bailey <jbailey@nisa.net>
sub  2048g/18375D63 2000-10-22
sig!       D0980A99 2000-10-22  Jeff Bailey <jbailey@nisa.net>

3. Philosophy and Procedures
----------------------------
He understood DFSG and DSC, this is demostrated by his great
Procedures and Philosophy answers. He knew about the tex, dfsg8,
free beer/free speech, non-free/contib/main, pine, the 3 BTS method,
non-free not in distrib, but supported and everything about NMUs.
He is also the developer of some GNU projects, so I think he really
understand our philosophy well.

Marcus Brinkmann said (in a signed letter):
Jeff Bailey is a very friendly person with highly developed technical skills
which are very useful for Debian in general and Debian GNU/Hurd in
particular. He is a long term contributor to the free software community.
I enjoyed working with him on free softwrae in the past and will continue to
do so within and outside Debian. Apart from generic skills he has shown
specific knowledge of Debian routines by compiling binary packages for the
Hurd system, setting up an apt repository of them, and improving my loosy
packaging of GNU inetutils, maintenance of which he is in progress to take
over from me. I am glad to see it in such good hands.

You have my permission to copy the above paragraph in unmodified form for
the purpose of the Debian New Maintainer application process.

4. Tasks and Skills
He is a programmer and sysadmin for years, and the packaging was
a simple task for him, passed the RHT very well ;))

He packaged up 3 lintian clean packages, the dpr, the mailutils and the
libsoap-lite-perl. And inetutils is also well packaged, but I couldn't
probe it out because of the lack of a GNU Hurd operating system on an
1 GB partition.

Gergely Risko