AM report for Jochen Röhrig

Summary for Jochen Röhrig <jr@debian.s390.org>

Identity
--------

pub  1024D/61014F99 2001-07-05 Jochen R\x68rig (Debian) <jr@debian.s390.org>
sig!       32D75812 2001-07-06  Gerhard Tonn <gt@debian.org>

Background
----------

"My main interest is in helping to port the Debian distribution to the
S/390-architecture (and to the S/390x-architecture (aka zSeries), when
this is finished)."

Philosophy & Procedures
-----------------------

Jochen understands Debian's philosophy and agrees with it.

Tasks & Skills
--------------

Jochen has packaged s390-tools, a small set of programs that are used
to carry out some S/390-specific tasks.  There were only some minor
issues in the package which Jochen fixed promptly.  Stefan Gybas will
sponsor the package (if still necessary).

His advocate, Gerhard Tonn <GerhardTonn@swol.de>, writes:
 > I know Jochen Roehrig personally. He works in the Linux for S/390 project
 > at IBM. He will be a valuable developer for the s390 port of Debian.

Recommendation

I recommend that Jochen be accepted as a Debian maintainer.