Re: packaging fdk-aac-free

Hi,

Le ven. 7 juil. 2023 à 20:05, Jeremy Bícha
<jeremy.bicha@canonical.com> a écrit :

> Have you reached out to Wim about why the repo has a different name
> than the Fedora source package? And a request for git tags.

I just asked on the same MR:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wtaymans/fdk-aac-stripped/-/merge_requests/2#note_1994137

> I'm wanting to create the package in the next few days so I can reach
> out instead if you're busy.

Don't hesitate to ask any further questions you may have in this MR
or directly to Wim since I haven't contacted him directly yet.

> I figure I'll just use the existing Debian repo, rename the source
> package fields and gbp import-orig the forked version. So we would use
> the same binary names and package split as the existing non-free
> Debian package, just with a higher version number. Does that sound
> fine?

Fine by me. We need to clarify which version of fdk-aac-free to package since
there was only a 2.0.0 version of fdk-aac-free whereas we have a 2.0.2
fdk-aac-nonfree in Debian. I asked for clarification in the above link.

Best regards,
Dylan