Re: tuned: please update the package to a recent version

Hello Nicholas

On Fri, Dec 04, 2020 at 11:26:00AM -0500, Nicholas D Steeves wrote:
Dear Evgeni and Gustavo,
[snip]

Would you please consider updating the package, or orphaning it so someone
will see the wnpp alert and can adopt it without delay?  As you prefer!

my only involvement with tuned was filing the initial ITP bug

I offer to perform an upload before the freeze and orphan
the package after the release for someone else to pick it up, unless
someone else is doing it already/wants to do it/has a better idea.

I'm also CCing our Multimedia Team, because the tuned is of interest to
people who do digital audio work.  A realtime kernel and sysctl tuning is
often--usually, in my experience--required when using a USB interface,
which is what most people are using these days, and tuned is supposed to
make this a lot easier and less error-prone.  Tuned-2.10 was/is not
sufficient to get my system into a usable state for audio work, and I'm
hoping I can replace all my customisations with tuned-2.14, and that less
experienced users will have an easier time of the tricky work of tuning :-)

Warm regards,
Nicholas

P.S. If you're not familiar with "salvaging", here are some links:
https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.html#package-salvaging
https://wiki.debian.org/PackageSalvaging
https://gobby.debian.org/export/debconf17/bof/if_you_love_a_package_let_it_go

--
IRC: gfa
GPG: 0x27263FA42553615F904A7EBE2A40A2ECB8DAD8D5