Re: debian-multimedia: wiki question

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 10:30:55AM +0000, Daniel James wrote:

> I think this confusion stems from the time when debian-multimedia.org
> was an independent repo.
>
> The name change to http://deb-multimedia.org/ happened over five years
> ago, but there are still plenty of references to the old name online,
> including the Wikipedia page for Debian:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debian#Multimedia_support

Right. Which is why i think some better text on https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia
would be helpfull. I for once found and used this URL

https://howto.biapy.com/en/debian-gnu-linux/system/software/install-the-debian-multimedia-apt-repositories

Now i think i need an advanced degree in debian package management
to remove installed packages from that repo again, because just
  - removing ftp://ftp.deb-multimedia.org/ from /etc/apt/sources.list
  - apt-update
  - apt-upgrade
  - apt autoremove

did not suggest me anything that would identify or remove package that i had installed
from that repo.

*sigh*
Toerless

--