Re: problem with ISA SB16 sound card

Hi,

> sarge's default kernel can't use my SB16!
>
> I have used my SB16 ever since kernel 2.0, 2.2, and
> 2.4 in woody. They all work. But with sarge's kernel
> 2.4, it can't work. When I modprobe sb, it complains
> no such device.
>
> Does sarge's kernel 2.4 support non-PNP ISA card?
>
> Why does sarge always try to use ISA-PnP before
>
> I guess my SB16 maybe is a clone.
>
> but kernel 2.4 of woody can use my SB16!
>
> What's the problem??? Thanks!!!

Sounds more like a kernel problem; and since less and less people are
using ISA systems it's going to be harder to track down.

You might be alone in tracking down the problem; what's your exact steps?
Are you using ALSA? ALSA seems to be more maintained these days.

regards,
	junichi
--
dancer@{debian.org,netfort.gr.jp}   Debian Project