Mirroring from internal servers

Hi,

We are currently building a new Debian mirror which we will want to register as public once it is finished. This mirror is on a 25gbps link and is located in Montreal, CA.

I have read the documentation for adding mirrors and I am well aware that you recommend mirroring from existing mirrors. That said, it was requested of me to ask if it is possible for us to mirror from an internal server instead of from existing mirrors. Would the requirements be the same as for a regular mirror?

--
Jean-Philippe Méthot
Senior Openstack system administrator