Re: Debian's kernel.org mirrors not syncing properly since Jul 20th

On Mon, Jul 31, 2023 at 12:10:40PM +0200, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
> it looks like the mirror of Debian at kernel.org is not syncing
> properly. While some packages have an uptodate timestamp, the overall
> mirror status looks like it had its last proper run on July 20th.
>
> This also effects cloudfront.debian.net, as cloudfront.debian.net
> mirrors from kernel.org.
>
> If anyone with access to the kernel.org mirrors could have a look into
> this, this would be very much appriciated.

Hi, all:

Sorry about this -- there is some problem at our provider (Equinix) that is
causing significant network performance slowdown between mirrors.k.o nodes.
For example, our replication speed between primary.mirrors.kernel.org and
ny.mirrors.kernel.org has dropped to 5 Mbps, so we are literally unable to
replicate data faster than we receive updates.

Unfortunately, Equinix support has been unable to identify an fix this so far,
so I do not have any ETA to provide. Our current goal is to promote a
different system to act as the primary, so that at least all downstream
mirrors are able to catch up.

-K