Re: Re: HTTPS for Debian archive mirrors, and CAA

Shanker Wang (miao.wang@tuna.tsinghua.edu.cn) wrote on Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 05:53:54PM -03:
> For example, on our server, which is serving ftp2.cn.debian.org, requests
> with unknown "Host:" header will be rejected due to security issues, i.e. if
> you point ftp.xx.debian.org to our server without notice in advance, requests
> pointing to that domain name will be silently disconnected.

You should accept requests for ftp2.cn.debian.org and also for your domain. For
example, we accept ftp.br.d.o and debian.c3sl.ufpr.br.

Of course in case of change the mirror team must make sure that the new site
where they wish to point the ftp.cc.d.o will accept these requests in addition
to their own name. That's why we also accept ftp.cl.d.o