Re: bandwidth and space required to sync a basic mirror

Hi A.,

On Tue, Jun 03, 2014 at 11:25:40PM -0400, anarcat wrote:
> Out of curiosity, which hardware are you using to host this? a
> dedicated server? something with a SAN behind?

The hardware is described on http://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/ (it is a
dedicated server using a storage system).

> It would be great to have a 95th percentile of that red line, actually.

So you're asking for the raw data? :)

> One of the things I am wondering is if it is worthwhile to keep a
> private mirror running for clusters that have lots of machines and
> want to spare the bandwidth costs yet do not want to offer the public
> hosting commitment...

Instead of running a mirror, you could run a proxy that just saves data
everyone requests.

Bye,
Carsten
--