Re: Could not resolve 'ftp.br.debian.org'

On 07/09/12 16:38, jidanni@jidanni.org wrote:
[...]
$ host ftp.br.debian.org
Nameserver not responding
ftp.br.debian.org A record not found, try again

On 07.09.12 17:40, Leo 'costela' Antunes wrote:
[...]
Maybe you should take a look at that "Nameserver not responding" bit:

No point in me continuing to use it.

No point in you continuing to use some broken resolver, yes.

I have to object. At the time I was checking that, the name was really
unresolvable. It is resolvable now. Jiddani and the OP apparently checked
when the problem was real, you did when it was not. It has nothing to do
with broken resolver on jiddani's side.

I just did not check more deeply into the problem before, but I got this:

uhlar@fantomas% dig +trace debian.c3sl.ufpr.br.
[...]
c3sl.ufpr.br.           3600    IN      NS      ns2.c3sl.ufpr.br.
c3sl.ufpr.br.           3600    IN      NS      ns.c3sl.ufpr.br.
;; Received 160 bytes from 152.84.253.2#53(cbpfsu1.cat.cbpf.br) in 1836 ms

apparently both servers for c3sl.ufpr.br were not reachable at the time. --
Honk if you love peace and quiet.