Re: squeeze-updates empty?

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 22:19:25 +0000
"Blackmon, Sabree" <sblackmon@camber.com> wrote:

> As of October 9, 2011, the squeeze-updates repository appears to be empty. The Packages.gz files in binary-amd64 and all other architectures are completely empty and have no packages listed. When attempting to mirror squeeze-updates from an official Debian mirror using debmirror, debmirror reports back "No packages after parsing Packages and Sources files!" This is indicative of trying to mirror an empty repository. Mirroring of squeeze-updates has worked up until now, and I am wondering if this is normal behavior or an actual problem.

Debian 6.0.3 was released October 8th, 2011.
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/

At a point release, the updates suite is moved into the relevant suite,
in this case squeeze-updates migrated into squeeze, replacing packages
in squeeze and being deleted in the process. Packages already in
squeeze at a lower version were also deleted.

This is entirely normal for a point release. Please subscribe to
debian-devel-announce for notification of point releases.

squeeze-updates will remain empty until the stable release managers
decide that some packages in 6.0.3 need further updates prior to any
(currently unscheduled) 6.0.4 point release. Lenny is at 5.0.9, so a
number more point releases of Squeeze can be expected.

--

Neil Williams