Re: Fw: [Debconf-discuss] cdn.debian.net (Re: Columbia Debian mirror

Yasuhiro Araki (ar@debian.org) wrote on 8 August 2010 12:04:
 >Carlos,
 >Thank you for nice suggestion for cdn.debian.net.
 >

 >> use only the IP to probe mirrors by http, so it
 >> doesn't work with name-based virtual hosts.
 >
 >Right.
 >I felt it is not important thing for me at starting cdn.debian.net.
 >Because I has not know mirror servers run by IP based virtual host.
 >
 >If you know, please tell me "important name-based virtual hosts debian mirrors".

For example, ftp.br.debian.org, official Brazilian country mirror.
It's 200.17.202.1.

I suggest cdn uses the addresses given by the mirror administrators,
at least for those in the official mirror list. It's probably the
safest method.