about mirror list update: linorg.usp.br

Hello,

The canonical place to update your mirror entry is the submit form:
http://www.debian.org/mirror/submit

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 11:23:59AM -0200, Linorg Admins ( Nelson T. Yunaka - this time )  wrote:
> Then, I will not update more debian-non-US.

You can even delete it from your mirror.

> I Will rsync from ftp.br.debian.org for debian tree, and the others
>   if you have them too.

It seems you don't generate any trace file as requried (see
http://debian.org/mirror/ftpmirror)

The right (or at least strongy recommanded) way to sync the archive is
the one described by Joerg Jaspert:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-mirrors-announce/2008/11/msg00001.html

(By the way, we advise the mirrors' admins to subscribe to
debian-mirrors-announce: http://lists.debian.org/debian-mirrors-announce )

> I will copy manually ( wget the iso images for cd and dvd  ), when I
>   hear a Debian user saying me that, there is a newer version, from
>   ftp.br.debian.org.

The better way is to generate the ISOs from the mirror itself using the
Debian archive: http://www.debian.org/CD/mirroring/#jigdomirror

You can as well rsync the ISO automatically from an other mirror.

But anyway, please perform this update automatically !

> And, for your words:
> > We also offer pushing, so you can update as soon as we're finished and
> > without having to do many useless syncs.
>
> How it would work ?

http://www.debian.org/mirror/push_mirroring

Best regards,

mirrors@debian.org