Re: New primary mirror

Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 02:56:02PM +0300, LITNET FTP Admin wrote:
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> 	What procedures I should follow to setup a new primary mirror? New
>> mirror will be ftp.lt.debian.org.
>>
>> Founder: Lithuanian Academic and Research Network and Kaunas University
>> of Technology..
>
> Please see http://www.debian.org/mirror/official#process

The server needs to be able to sustain the traffic, i.e. have reasonable
limits on the HTTP, FTP and rsync daemons, including tuning the maximum
number of connections in general and the maximum number of connections
from a single IP.

Please, explain. Apache can't limit connections per IP.
apache2_mod_limitipconn is unofficial, and thus not to be used. How
about rsync? Via iptables? Share your experience.

Hardware: IBM xServer eSeries 346, IBM TotalStorage DS400 1,7 TB
System: debian stable
www server: apache 2.2.3-4+etch5
ftp server: proftpd 1.3.0-19etch1
rsync server: rsyncd 2.6.9-2etch2