Re: update anonftpsync

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 11:01:34AM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> : ${TO:=}
> That (POSIX) assigns the given value for TO unless it's specified in
> the environment.

This sounds like a cheap way to work around one of those bugs asking for
different config files but the same shell script... but it makes the script
not readable to people who just want to edit the variable.

> == is not posix; that's a bashtalk for regex.
>
> ! [
> I think that's also not posix, but it might just be discouraged in
> favour of [ ! for increased portability.

Thanks, applied.

> --delay-updates --delete-after
> I don't know if either of these are strictly necessary.  AFAICT think
> the 2nd rsync invocation can just use --del.

--delay-updates helps the atomicity of updates, see the manual.
--delete-after is necessary so that it doesn't first delete files and then
bring in new ones.

--
Josip Rodin
mirrors@debian.org