status

Hi,

Okay, so we know solutions for this bug. The web site documentation and the
official anonftpsync script have been updated to apply the solution for
about two years now. The only thing missing is - practical implementation :)

I think it would be fair to say that we should get all official mirror
sites to get packages before Packages files, and then close the bug.
Individual unofficial mirrors that stay unfixed should be a matter for
separate bug reports.

This is the current status of setups for official mirrors:

* syncproxy.eu.debian.org - done
* syncproxy.wna.debian.org - done
* ftp.us.debian.org:
  * saens.debian.org (ftp.d.o too) - done
  * ike.egr.msu.edu - being fixed these days - I'm talking to them
  * mirrors.kernel.org - not fixed yet - I need to update
    ries:~archvsync/ftpsync-push*
  * debian.osuosl.org - don't know yet (have to get rsyncstats fixed -
    cf. RT#172)
* ftp.uk.debian.org - done
* ftp.wa.au.debian.org - ? mirrors from ftp.au.d.o
* ftp.dk.debian.org - ? mirrors from ftp.nl.d.o
* ftp.it.debian.org - ? mirrors from ftp2.de.d.o
* ftp.cz.debian.org - done
* ftp.sk.debian.org - done
* ftp.at.debian.org - not done - will contact them
* ftp.de.debian.org - done
* ftp.jp.debian.org - ? mirrors from hp.debian.or.jp (via syncproxy.wna.d.o)
* ftp2.jp.debian.org - ? mirrors from hp.debian.or.jp (via syncproxy.wna.d.o)
* ftp.bg.debian.org - ? mirrors from ftp2.de.d.o
* ftp.ru.debian.org - ? mirrors from ftp.se.d.o
* ftp.pl.debian.org - done
* ftp2.de.debian.org - done
* ftp.pt.debian.org - done
* ftp.fr.debian.org - not done - will contact them
* ftp.tw.debian.org - don't know yet (need rsyncstats on syncproxy.wna)
* ftp.si.debian.org - not done - will contact them
* ftp.hk.debian.org - ? should mirror from ftp.de.d.o, but is semi-dead (!)
* ftp.no.debian.org - ? mirrors from ftp.se.d.o
* ftp.ee.debian.org - ? mirrors from ftp.fi.d.o
* ftp.hu.debian.org - not done - apparently bad syncs otherwise - will contact
* ftp.nz.debian.org - ? mirrors from mirrors.kernel.org (should fix that)
* ftp2.fr.debian.org - done
* ftp.es.debian.org - done
* ftp.se.debian.org - done
* ftp.fi.debian.org - done
* ftp.au.debian.org - don't know yet (need rsyncstats on syncproxy.wna)
* ftp.br.debian.org - don't know yet (need rsyncstats on syncproxy.wna)
* ftp.nl.debian.org - done
* ftp.is.debian.org - ? mirrors from ftp.se.d.o
* ftp.tr.debian.org - done
* ftp.hr.debian.org - done
* ftp.mx.debian.org - don't know yet (need rsyncstats on syncproxy.wna)
* ftp.ie.debian.org - done
* ftp.ro.debian.org - done
* ftp.kr.debian.org - don't know yet (need rsyncstats on syncproxy.wna)
* ftp.ch.debian.org - done
* ftp.cl.debian.org - don't know yet (need rsyncstats on syncproxy.wna)

I'll get the rest of the missing information from debian-admin and other
admins.

--
Josip Rodin
mirrors@debian.org