Can I get some help, please?

I'm trying to write a script to efficiently make a mirror
of a Debian archive, and I need some help understanding the
structure of the archives.

I'm sure there is a document that answers these questions.
Would you please tell me where I can find the answers?

Is there a way to tell whether or not the current archive
or mirror is being updated?

Is there a way to tell when the current archive or mirror
was last updated?

Is there a standard for using soft links and hard links
within the filesystem?

Is there a way to tell when the available dists change?

Is there a way to tell when the available archs change?

What is the purpose of each of the directories?

How are source files distinguished from others?

What all files are required to fully mirror a single distro?

What are the minimal files required for installation only of
a single distro?

What all files are required to fully mirror a single arch?

What are the minimal files required for installation only of
a single arch?

Are there a set of files required by the original archive
and official mirrors (that would let me test to find a
limited mirror)?