Re: where to sync from?

On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 07:19:55PM -0400, Ricardo Yanez wrote:
> So, I was looking at the Debian Mirror Checker and realized our mirror is
> practically at the bottom of the list.

I'm not sure where you were looking (URL?), but in the current two DMC
outputs, your mirror is shown in error because neither of the checkers could
connect to it.

> Please, can any of the debian people tell me how I am supposed to sync? I
> have the impression I've been cut off from where I was syncing, probably
> to lessen traffic.

Where were you syncing from?

> Does Debian give official mirrors a "preferential" treatment? or is
> everybody for themselves? I just don't get it.

The official mirrors can get preferential treatment, but they don't
necessarily have to; the thing that is always preferred is to set up
push-mirroring with official mirrors.

> I'm taking this server down till I can figure out what to do, hopefully
> with the help of debian, if somebody can lend me a hand to understand our
> place in this structure.
>
> signing off,
> ftp.cl.debian.org

Er, I don't think there's any reason for such drastic measures.

--
Josip Rodin
mirrors@debian.org