Re: "typicalsync" script

On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 08:30:56AM -0500, Austin Denyer wrote:
> Currently I use a slightly modified version of the anonftpsync script to
> generate a local mirror of i386, ia64 and SPARC, and a slightly modified
> version of the sync-debian-amd64.sh to generate a local mirror of the
> amd64 arch.
> How would I go about mirroring just the above archs without pulling all
> the extra dunnage that we don't need now that the mirror layouts have
> changed?

I'd suggest just making your anonftpsync script cover i386, ia64, sparc
and amd64. If you're selecting which architectures to mirror by excluding
ones you don't want, this has probably already happened, so you don't have to
do anything.

For the moment, the debian-amd64 variant's probably still worth keeping;
it should be able to be dropped in a couple of weeks hopefull; there
should be another mail to -mirrors-announce when that happens.

> Can this be done easily with typicalsync?

typicalsync is for mirrors that currently mirror all architectures, but
aren't going to be able to keep up as we add more stuff to the archive;
it includes amd64, i386, and all architectures for the current stable
release, which we think's the best overall compromise between limited
disk space on mirrors and users' needs. Obviously, individual mirrors will
be able to make better decisions about their own disk space and users.

HTH.

Cheers,
aj