Re: Who wants to build a mips64 and/or mips64el n32 port?

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 10:24 AM, Daniel Clark <dclark@pobox.com> wrote:
Do you mean the n32 or n64 ABI on MIPS 64? I'm assuming n64. FYI there was a previous n32 google summer of code Debian project, and I think someone got something working but then lost interest (and I haven't been able to find the work from that). http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2009/Debian_loongson2f_N32_port

Sorry, missed the subject line :-/

n32 does seem to make more sense in most current situations, although I don't think it works with RAM / swap over 4gb.

I don't think there is the equivalent of PAE for mips(el), although I could easily be wrong on that.

Some 32-bit systems are running into compilation problems on large pieces of software, like libreoffice and firefox - http://news.softpedia.com/news/Firefox-Source-Code-Is-So-Big-It-Hit-the-32-Bit-Virtual-Address-Space-Limit-240112.shtml