Weird behavior of Cobalt RaQ2 running Debian 6.0 squeeze

Hello,

some time ago I used to run my Cobalt under Debian lenny (and it was
fine, everything worked just properly). Since about two weeks I'm
running squeeze on this box (it's NASRaQ - which makes it nearly the
same as RaQ2 is - with 2x 32mb EDO SIMM, brand new ones and WD 800JB
hard disk, not new but still in perfect condition) and I see
completely weird behavior. Sometimes after reboot it starts to work
extremelly slow, it's even impossible to operate buttons then and I
must wait something like one minute to see "ps ax" or "uname -a"
output! Of course I double (or even triple/quadruple/probably even
more) checked every possible log file and every possible config line -
nothing was bad there. I tried to re-install Debian squeeze few days
ago but since this morning it started to hang up this weird way.
Somebody knows what's wrong? Of course I have installed stock
2.6.32-5-r5k-cobalt kernel (there's lighttpd 1.4.28, php 5.3, znc,
rtorrent and samba too - and still plenty of free ram/swap!)

Greetings,
Krzysztof

--
Krzysztof Staniorowski (PL, Europe)