Re: porting OpenJDK

On 08.04.2010 22:30, Jonathan Springer wrote:
Andrew John Hughes wrote:
[trim]
Zero is upstream in OpenJDK7 b76 on and will be in OpenJDK6 b19. Note
that Zero is only an interpreter. It's enough to get a Java
environment running, but for decent performance, you'll need to look
at a JIT either via Shark (an LLVM-based JIT started by Gary Benson)
or your own MIPS-specific solution.

any mips patches are in the icedtea6 repositories. I didn't track openjdk or icedtea.

If you do care about performance, or just feel like hacking asm, there
also exists a Linux MIPS port of the OpenJDK template interpreter.
It's mipsel, as I believe the PS2 is, although it was written to
MIPS64, so there might be some instructions used that are not in MIPS
III/IV. It is available at https://www.reservoir.com/ultraviolet

this is great news. debian-mips, any volunteer to bring this into icedtea6?

  Matthias