Re: NanoNote debootstrap debugging

Florian Fainelli wrote:
On Friday 26 March 2010 13:06:01 Phil Endecott wrote:
yajin wrote:
> The nano note's CPU does NOT have a fp. So it needs the kernel to
> emulate the fp instruction.

OK, thanks.  But presumably the OpenWRT kernel is already doing that
because the OpenWRT binaries run.  Is there more than one FP emulation
mode, or something?  (Any docs about this?)

The OpenWrt kernel disables the in-kernel FPU emulator and produces software-
floating point toolchains (-msoft-float).

Thanks, I guessed it would be something like that. So presumably I need to build a kernel (which is not fundamentally difficult, but I was hoping to avoid having to make a cross-toolchain) - unless there is a pre-built kernel somewhere that might work for this device?

Phil.