Re: Boot Qube1 or 2 from a CompactFlash Card?

Hello to all,

last weekend, i tried my CF adapter with a 8GB 233x CFCard and it works fine.
I see no speed difference to my old harddisk.

And: its very quiet ;-)

Thanks
Christian

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 4:55 AM, Mark <strandedinnz@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
On Oct 30, 4:40 am, "Chris Thomas" <sruch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What OS are you using on your CF card? Debian? DebianLive? How are you
> minimizing writes? I'm interested in using a CF card in my Qube.
>
> -Chris

I've used NetBSD and Debian Etch .. I thought DebianLive was limited
to x86, PPC and Sparc ?

I'm not doing anything really to minimize writes apart from turning
off swap (got 256Mb in the Qube2), I'm just trying to source a simple
PCI SATA adapter that doesn;t have "RAID" and I'll install a big arse
disk inside the Qube .. then I'll move write intensive stuff to that.

My adapter is similar to this one:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/Components/Hard-drives/IDE/auction-184271336.htm

Regards

Mark