Re: vaughan.debian.org

Il giorno lun, 19/11/2007 alle 13.40 -0500, Noah Meyerhans ha scritto:
> Those of you who saw my recent blog post [1] are, no doubt, waiting with
> baited breath for the return of our mipsel porting machine.
> Unfortunately, problems persist even after addressing the cooling
> problems that I initially believed were affecting the machine's
> stability.
[...]

The first problem you describe here has been reported upstream[0] and I
think it is not related to hardware defect. I have a test box where this
problem arise after a few days of work. I still have to find the
problem, but it seems it is related mm/memory.c:access_process_vm()
function.

I am investigating this problem since weeks, but I still have to find a
solution.

The problem is easily shown using this command (it should segfaults)
$ cat /proc/self/cmdline

Bye,
Giuseppe

[0]http://www.linux-mips.org/archives/linux-mips/2007-10/msg00093.html