Re: Etch running on an emulated DECstation

* Michel Lespinasse <walken@zoy.org> [2006-09-05 03:07]:
> * I see the Decstation 3max is listed as supported hardware at
>   http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.mipsel/ch02s01.html
>
>   How much testing do Debian kernels get on such hardware ?

Not much.  We asked for people to test and fix the kernel on such
hardware and while some people were still interested in DECstation
support not much came out of it in terms of help.  From my point of
view, DECstation support will be dropped for etch. (Unless, of course,
someone steps forward and fixes the kernel and tests the installer.)

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/