Re: WRT54G Support?

On Tuesday 21 February 2006 15:48, Michelle Konzack
<linux4michelle@freenet.de> wrote about 'Re: WRT54G Support?':
> Am 2006-02-15 23:35:26, schrieb Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.:
> > dpkg: unable to lock dpkg status database: No locks available
> >
> > Googling for the error, I see a bug (134591) says that dpkg doesn't
> > work over nfs when the F_SETLK ioctl doesn't work.  The it's marked
> > wontfix, and it appears the reasoning is that the user should just
> > enable file locking over nfs.
>
> Not right, because I had the same problem before and locking works.
> IF you use NFS v3 of v4 AND "tcp".  It does NOT work over UDP.

Sorry, I'm running a 2.4 kernel (on the client), so I don't believe I have
NFSv4 support.

I was able to add some sources and update my apt cache, but I still can't
install packages:
dpkg: unable to lock dpkg status database: No locks available
W: Not using locking for nfs mounted lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock
W: Not using locking for nfs mounted lock file /var/cache/apt/archives/lock

As you can see, I do have the chroot mounted via tcp, using NFSv3:
monster:/var/pixie/root on /mnt type nfs
(rw,v3,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,hard,intr,tcp,lock,addr=monster)

It seems I need to be running the RPC statd daemon on the client, but it's
not provided by the distribution I'm current running on it (OpenWrt
WhiteRussian).

I've found a probable fix, but I haven't gotten around to installing
OpenWrt Kamakaze, for various trivial reasons.

--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
bss03@volumehost.com