Re: Unable to tftp to Indy

* Cameron Mac Millan <casm@exo.com> [031010 18:10]:
> This happens on both Indys, and with various permutations of the bootp()
> command (e.g., boot -f bootp()192.168.1.1:/tftproot/tftpboot.img).  The
> dhcpd is ISC DHCPD 2.0pl5, and it appears to be working as expected.
> I've tried with netaddr set to a valid IP for the network the server is
> on, with netaddr unset, with DHCP both enabled and disabled and...
> Nothing.  Always the same error message.

Hm, I luckily never had any problems beside a set netaddr and a 2.4
kernel needing those /proc lines to do tftp in a away the mips-firmware
needs it.

In my experience most things can be located better with looking at the
output of traceroute. Does it send out a dhcp-request? does the server
answer? (I think a way to check the mips got the answer is to look at
the netaddr-variable. if it was unset before it should have the ip
it got by dhcp afterwards in my experience.) Does it afterwards send
out tftp-request to the server? does the server reply and does the
mips get it or repeat the request.

I guess you will have done all of this and also looked you actually
connected it to the net physically and such things, but sometimes
one overlooks something trival...

Hochachtungsvoll,
	Bernhard R. Link
--
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve
nor will he ever receive either. (Benjamin Franklin)