Re: kernel vs binutils

On Mon, Aug 27, 2001 at 06:30:42AM -0400, Christopher C. Chimelis wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, Guido Guenther wrote:
>
> > Another note: the crossbuild package is missing the .reginfo and .pdr
> > sections of which I didn't find anything in my copy of the mips abi.
Missing in this case does not mean that these two should be there. It's
just that the natively compiled elf image has these sections and the
crossbuild one doesn't.

> What was the last version that you tested that did work?  I don't have a
> cross-toolchain for mips set up on my i386 (yet).
The crosstoolchain works(objdump -V prints 2.11.90). It's the native one
that is broken(2.11.90.0.27). AFAIR 2.11.90.24 worked. I also updated
gcc but his should not be related to the messed up section headers in
the ecoff image.
 -- Guido