Re: Booting Kernel Problems on Indy and indigo2

 > I boot the SGI (doesn't matter which one) and unset the netaddr, then
 > do something like the following boot -f bootp()thekernel
 > init=/bin/bash nfsroot=1.2.3.4:/path Now in both cases it seems to
 > download the kernel okay, then just hangs and I have to reboot.

I'm having the same problem the output to the concol of the indigo2 is
as follows
---------------  copyed from console  ------------
Setting $netaddr to 1.2.3.4 (from server )
Obtaining vmlinux-2.4.3.ecoff from server
1503232+0+147092 entry: 0x880025a8

The machine dose access the hdd but has got no further after 30mins

is there anymore info i can get the system to report? any advice is welcome.

ps the machine is responding to ping's if this is any help

paul
--
  Paul R. Gammans
  Post Graduate Research Student with 'Interaction Design Research'