Re: Testing package on mipsel and armel

On Wed, Sep 14, 2022 at 10:32 AM Bo YU <tsu.yubo@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
On Wed, Sep 14, 2022 at 09:45:45AM -0400, Aaron Boxer wrote:
>Hello,
>I currently have failed builds on mipsel and armel archs.
>For these systems, it appears that I need to link explicitly
>to libatomic. I've added the link flag, but the failures persist.
>
>Any suggestions on setting up VMs for these architectures so
>I can directly debug my builds ?

I just setup they some day ago on x86 pc:
(maybe it need binfmt-support or qemu-binfmt)

```
sudo sbuild-createchroot --debootstrap=mmdebstrap --arch=mipsel \
         --make-sbuild-tarball=/srv/sid-mipsel-sbuild.tgz \
         sid /tmp/chroots/sid-mipsel-sbuild/ \
         http://ftp.debian.org/debian/

# and
sudo sbuild-createchroot --debootstrap=mmdebstrap --arch=armel \
         --make-sbuild-tarball=/srv/sid-armel-sbuild.tgz \
         sid /tmp/chroots/sid-armel-sbuild/ \
         http://ftp.debian.org/debian/

```
They will setup their arch chroot then can use sbuild to build the
package.

`sbuild --arch=mipsel -c sid-mipsel-sbuild `

Thanks, I wasn't able to get that working, but I did find away following these instructions

https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/use-sbuild-to-automate-deb-package-building/

This helped me create the chroot for mipsel, run the chroot, and build the package.

--
Regards,