Re: WNPP Update Package source source of gjiten

On Tue, Oct 05, 2021 at 04:25:44PM +0900, notebook wrote:
> Hello Andrey:
>
> Thank you for your reply!
>
> > As the package is already in Debian, you need to contact its current
> > maintainer(s) (though I see you already filed #982343).
>
> I contacted the current maintainers. They are too busy to do any work in this regard.
> So I guess whatever is in place must be replaced.
If you want to become a co-maintainer of the package in Debian you should
get an agreement for this from the current maintainers, then prepare a new
source package and seek sponsorship. If, on the other hand, you just want
that the package in Debian uses your updated code, you don't need to (and
can't) do anything in addition to what you already did.

--
WBR, wRAR