Re: Location for user installed plugin libraries and icons

The Wanderer <wanderer@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> I genuinely do not see what insisting on uninstalling plugins at the
> same time as the main program, for all user accounts, provides as a
> benefit. The only maybe benefit I've seen suggested is cleaning up to
> free disk space, and that seems to me to be so obviously heavily
> outweighed by the other considerations that it should clearly not be
> the deciding priority.

Also beware of strange stuff the user may have done to the data in
$HOME.

On one of the multi-user systems I admin for my University one user had
placed a symlink to /usr/bin as $HOME/bin and another symlink to / as
$HOME/root. I have no idea as to *why* but imagine the fun you can have
if you just naivly delete something following symlinks.

Grüße,
Sven.

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.